Patrick became passionate about health and fitness at a very young age when he saw how important they were for participating in competitive sports.
When he was given the opportunity to attend De La Salle High School and play football, he learned just how important nutrition, exercise, and maintaining a strong work ethic were to lead to success on and off the field.
After De La Salle, Patrick attended Solano Junior College where he earned All-State Honors as an inside linebacker. Following Solano Junior College, he attended the University of Miami where he played football for the Hurricanes before deciding to focus on his education.
Education & Qualifications
Patrick graduated from San Jose State University with a degree in Kinesiology. He began training in 2010 and has continued to follow his passion of being a fitness coach through certifications, reading, and experience.
- National Academy of Sports Medicine: Certified Personal Trainer
- Broad knowledge of the human body, muscle function, programming strategy, and exercise science.
- Functional Movement Screen: Level 1 Certified
- Developed by two physical therapists, the functional movement screen is a way of assessing and grading movement to find the weak link for someone, therefore establishing the greatest risk for injury.
- Z-Health: Essentials of Elite Performance
- Focused work on three key areas: 1) Rehabilitating the body through re-education of correct movement patterns and joint control. 2) How to train and integrate visual, balance, and proprioceptive systems to produce a properly functioning body. 3) Sport speed integration and athletic skills including jumping, sprinting, change of direction, and more.
Patrick loves working with people and learning how he can help create a lifestyle change that includes exercise and healthy nutrition.
He has a passion for helping people achieve what they didn’t think was possible and loves seeing body and life transformations through diligence and consistency.