Jeremy grew up in Santa Cruz, CA, and was interested in athletics from a young age. All throughout school and beyond, he's enjoyed playing basketball, baseball, volleyball, and golf, while also participating in track, weightlifting, and jiu-jitsu.
Being one of the smaller guys on the field, he looked to the weight room to gain an edge over his competition, and he quickly realized how beneficial strength and conditioning programs can be for both performance and recovery.
Since becoming a fitness professional he has also realized how much of an impact exercise can make in quality of life and overall well-being. Jeremy wants to do his part to help people learn about fitness, which will ultimately lead to a healthier, more fulfilling life.
Education & Qualifications
Jeremy graduated from the National Personal Training Institute (NPTI) in August of 2012 after completing a 500 hour intensive training program. Through this program, Jeremy not only learned the sciences and strategy behind exercise and training, but equally important, learned how to be a coach - someone who knows how to get the most out of every person he works with.
- National Exercise Trainers Association Personal Trainer 2006
- Broad knowledge of the human body, muscle function, programming strategy, and exercise science.
- Functional Movement Screen: Level 1 Certified
- Developed by two physical therapists, the functional movement screen is a way of assessing and grading movement to find the weak link for someone, therefore establishing the greatest risk for injury.
- Certified Functional Strength Coach: Level 1 Certified
- In-depth knowledge of proper programming and coaching around functional training, exercise progressions, regressions, and working with and around injury. Functional training is the industry term for training that carries over to everyday life. It integrates movements that are needed for daily living, like how to properly pick things up, put things over your head, carry things, get off the floor, etc.
- Certified Functional Strength Coach: Level 2 Certified
- Specific knowledge around modifications and progressions for athletes. Focus on athlete specific warm-ups, speed drills, medicine ball exercises, plyometrics, and strength training.
- CrossFit Level One Certification 2014
- Broad knowledge of the exercise science, powerlifting, Olympic lifting, and specializing in group coaching.
Jeremy's passion is getting people on the right track when it comes to their health and well-being. He knows how much fitness and nutrition have greatly impacted his ability to enjoy his favorite activities. He also knows that a lot of people just need a push in the right direction. He's here to give them that push.