When you think of a core workout, you probably think of strength training, right?
While core training is an important part of a strength routine, believe it or not, it’s also a vital part of your running routine.
You might be surprised by how many people don’t realize that.
A strong core means a more stable you.
It means your body is maintaining the best possible posture when you run and therefore compensates less.
Here are some signs of poor running posture:
- Do you find yourself hunching over as you get tired?
- Do you lead with your abdomen, leaving an excessive arch in your lower back?
- Do your hips or back ache after a run?
If so, it’s time to work on that core!
Whether you are a trail runner or stay on the pavement, today’s VLOG is going to take you through the three best exercises to do to strengthen your core and maximize your results.
When your core is strong, your body doesn’t need to expend extra energy over correcting your posture while you run.
Strengthen that core, shore up that posture, and spend that energy gaining miles and speed instead!
Need Help Getting Started?
If you are looking for more at-home workouts to compliment your running routine, check out our newly released "Fit @ Home" Video Series.
In this made-for-home workout series, you will receive one new workout each day for the next five days. These workouts include:
- Best exercises to reduce stress
- Our go-to exercises for building up your core
- What to do to improve your lung and heart health
- Our best toning exercises to “feel the burn”
- How to use exercise to boost your energy
Click here to learn more and sign up today!
Mint Condition Fitness is the leading personal training studio in Los Gatos for purpose-driven men and women to lose weight, get out of pain, and do more of the things that make life meaningful.