Ready to be let in on a big secret? Going all-out with cardio isn’t the best way to burn fat.
Sure, it’s a great workout, and your heart and lungs are getting some great exercise, but your body isn’t burning fat in the most efficient way.
This is where interval training comes in.
Interval training means:
- Switching between periods of high and low intensity cardio (like running and walking, or sprinting and jogging)
- You get the chance to cover more distance than you normally would if you were just going for burnout.
- Your heart rate stays in the fat burn zone for the entire workout
There’s this amazing after-burn effect also caused by interval training which keeps your metabolism going strong long after your workout has ended.
Today, our Los Gatos personal trainer is going to show you the benefits of interval training, and why it should be a regular part of your weekly routine.
Not only is this form of working out a time saver for you, but you get the chance to exercise some of your largest muscle groups, strengthen your lungs, and burn more fat.
Need Help Getting Started?
If you are looking for more at-home workouts, check out our newly released "Fit @ Home" Video Series.
In this made-for-home workout series, you will receive one new workout each day for the next five days. These workouts include:
- Best exercises to reduce stress
- Our go-to exercises for building up your core
- What to do to improve your lung and heart health
- Our best toning exercises to “feel the burn”
- How to use exercise to boost your energy
Click here to learn more and sign up today!
Mint Condition Fitness empowers purpose-driven men and women to lose weight, get out of pain, and do more of the things that make life meaningful.