Michelle grew up a California girl with an love of dance and movement, ranging from contemporary dance to ballet. While in college, this passion led her to complete a minor in dance.
During her ballet training she decided to supplement her dancing with a strength program guidance from a fitness coach. Michelle’s coach had such an impact on her that it sparked a new passion for fitness and coaching.
After being in the gym for most of her adult life, Michelle felt a desire to transition from a career as a teacher into personal training.
Michelle graduated from California State University, Los Angeles with a B.A in Liberal Arts and a minor in dance, a multiple subject teaching credential.
During her tenure as an elementary school teacher, Michelle always gravitated towards the physical education portion of the curriculum. Combining her love of teaching with fitness was a no-brainer and led her into personal training.
- American Council on Exercise: Certified Personal Trainer
- Broad knowledge of the human body, muscle function, programming strategy, and exercise science.
- Functional Movement Screen: Level 1 Certified
- Developed by two physical therapists, the functional movement screen is a way of assessing and grading movement to find the weak link for someone, therefore establishing the greatest risk for injury.
- TRX Certified Instructor
- Specializing in suspension training designed to increase strength, improve functional mobility and enhance cardiovascular endurance.
- Buff Bones Instructor
- Specific focus on the osteoporosis /osteopenia population, aimed at improving bone health in the areas most prone to fractures (spine, wrist and hips).
- SoulBody Bar Certified
- Specialized training in designing and leading effective group classes that get results while keeping people safe.
Michelle is passionate about empowering others to strive for their personal best. When Michelle is not busy doing something fitness related, she can be found searching for her next travel destination.
Her love for travels have taken her all over Europe, the Caribbean Islands, and the US!