Leading a balanced and healthy lifestyle has been Max’s priority since losing his father at age 56 to a number of illnesses that could have been prevented through developing better exercise and nutrition habits along the way.
This experience initially led Max to focus creating an active lifestyle for himself, turning into a marathoner and triathlete, and pursued new activities like golfing, surfing, and even going on a 100 mile trek in Nepal.
However, Max’s passion for helping others and teaching brought him to the world of coaching and to the mission of helping others reach their potential at Mint Condition Fitness.
Max is most passionate about helping others exceed what they ever thought could be possible for themselves.
- National Academy of Sports Medicine: Certified Personal Trainer
- Broad knowledge of the human body, muscle function, programming strategy, and exercise science.
- National Academy of Sports Medicine - Corrective Exercise Specialist
- Specific knowledge around assessment and correction of movement pattern dysfunctions and pain patterns
- Functional Movement Screen: Level 1 Certified
- Developed by two physical therapists, the functional movement screen is a way of assessing and grading movement to find the weak link for someone, therefore establishing the greatest risk for injury.
- Certified Functional Strength Coach: Level 1 Certified
- In-depth knowledge of proper programming and coaching around functional training, exercise progressions, regressions, and working with and around injury. Functional training is the industry term for training that carries over to everyday life. It integrates movements that are needed for daily living, like how to properly pick things up, put things over your head, carry things, get off the floor, etc.