Laura grew up in the Midwest and stayed fit running cross-country and track in high
school. While earning her degree in Electrical Engineering, she fell out of her exercise routine.
After working for a few years she realized she was unhappy with her level of fitness and decided it was time to refocus.
After moving to California, Laura found that she had a passion for exercise and the impact she could have on improving people's quality of life. She went back to school in the evening to obtain her first fitness certification while working full time in the tech industry.
After leaving the tech world to raise a family, Laura kept up with teaching group classes and eventually decided that she wanted to pursue her passion. This lead her to Mint where she can now do what she loves and support others in their health and fitness goals.
Laura was formally educated in electrical engineering, but later went back to school to become a certified personal trainer and group fitness instructor.
- AFAA Certified Personal Trainer
- Broad knowledge of the human body, muscle function, programming strategy, and exercise science.
- AFAA Certified Fitness Instructor
- Expertise in leading group exercise to maximize results through effective programming and coaching.
- USATF Level 1 Coach
- Specific knowledge and training in how to coach others in track and field.
Laura is passionate about helping clients learn to push themselves and discover what they are capable of, no matter their age.
She enjoys trail running, competing in local trail races, volunteer-coaching young runners, and traveling with her husband.