What it means to be a Coach at MINT
A coach at Mint Condition Fitness is more than just a rep counter and cheerleader. Here's why:
- A coach explains WHY to do something, a trainer tells someone WHAT to do.
- A coach empowers their clients to do more in their lives, a trainer makes someone do more in the gym.
- A coach goes and learns more when they do not have an answer, a trainer thinks that it is someone else’s job to solve the problem.
- A coach acts and dresses professionally because they respect themselves and their clients, a trainer does what they want because it’s all about them.
- A coach brings the energy and attitude needed to change a LIFE, a trainer brings discussion topics to help pass the time.
As you can see, a MINT coach is someone who cares deeply and is dedicated to the work needed to create change in the lives of others. This is the type of person we want.
What you will own:
Your role as a fitness coach will be to lead members to succeed in reaching their health and fitness goals while creating lifetime Minters who want all of their friends to join our awesome community.
The way we know that you are successful in your role is by tracking:
- Member feedback
- Client Successes
- Referrals & Reviews
What you need to have:
- Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Work ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- High standards. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Openness to criticism and ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication.
- Teamwork. Works with peers and supervisors to establish an overall collaborative, team-focused environment.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
Education and experience needed:
- Current personal training certification through a nationally accredited organization (NASM, NSCA, ACSM, etc.)
- CPR/AED certification
- At least 3 months training experience (if you do not have experience yet, please CLICK HERE to learn about our internship program)
What you'll get:
We are looking for a full-time, in-person coach for our morning shift starting at 5:30 AM. Here is what we offer our coaches:
- $50,000-60,000 salary (depending on # of training session/week)
- Bonus pay for client referrals
- Paid time off
- 401k (4% match)
- Health insurance
- Paid seminars and certifications
- Advancement opportunities
- Education and training
How to apply:
If you think you will be a good fit for our company, fill out the form below to apply! You will then receive an email with further information on how to complete the application process.