Welcome to the Get Minted podcast!
We started this podcast to help empower our members and our community to take control of their fitness and fully enjoy the lives they have built.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How to get started in running
- The correct running technique to avoid hurting yourself
- How to train for running (it's not just about running more!)
- What shoes are best for runners
- How to prepare for running your first race
Just remember, if you are trying to get into running, you have to find a way to make it enjoyable! Join a running club, listen to music, find a beautiful environment to be in.
Also, know that running can feel hard and that is okay. It's the accomplishment you feel when you are done that makes it worthwhile!
To help support your running, here are some recommended training apps:
- Couch to 5K: Great for beginners wanting to start from scratch
- RunKeeper: Offers custom plans (premium) and can track runs
- Nike+ Run Club: Free to Apple watch users. Has custom plans and coaching
- Runtastic: For experienced runners, tracks runs and provides training plans (premium)
- RunwithHal: Created with famous running coach Hal Higdon. Custom training plans based on your experience. Plans from 10k to marathon