Working At Mint
You want to build an engaging and thriving career in fitness, but you have no idea where to start.
You know you don’t want to helplessly grind it out at a corporate gym, but you have limited experience as a coach and are not sure where else to go.
You are a fast learner and passionate about improving lives, and what you would really love is a place that provides the hands-on education and guidance you need to start your new career.
You are asking yourself:
- Where will I learn how to be a coach...not just a trainer?
- Am I going to have to work split shifts to get started?
- How will I find clients?
- Am I a contractor or employee?
- How does it all work?
These are the questions all new coaches face and we understand how daunting it can be to figure out what your first steps should be.
The truth is, everyone in your position is feeling this way. There simply aren’t a lot of good options out there. What you need is a better way.
Who We Are At Mint
We have been intentional about creating an environment where new coaches can thrive. When you are a coach at Mint, here is what you can expect:
- Access to our 120-hour “MintFit Coaching Certification Program” to give you the hands-on experience needed to take you beyond ordinary personal training and into the world of next-level fitness coaching.
- Consistent work hours, either in the morning or evening, depending on our needs and your preferences.
- We will never ask you to “sell” a membership. This is not a used car. Your job is to change lives, not pressure people into buying things.
- You will have access to ongoing training, benefits, and growth opportunities. We want you to have a career, not a side job.
What It Means to Be a COACH
A Fitness Coach at Mint Condition Fitness is more than a rep counter and cheerleader. Our coaches are on the front line in the battle against a failing health and wellness system.
This is why we are looking for a COACH, not a trainer:
- A coach explains WHY to do something, a trainer tells someone WHAT to do.
- A coach empowers their clients to do more in their lives, a trainer makes someone do more in the gym.
- A coach goes and learns more when they do not have an answer, a trainer thinks that it is someone else’s job to solve the problem.
- A coach acts and dresses professionally because they respect themselves and their clients, a trainer does what they want because it’s all about them.
- A coach takes responsibility for getting their clients results, a trainer puts the responsibility on the client.
- A coach provides a LIFE changing experience, a trainer provides a one hour workout.
As you can see, a coach is someone who cares deeply and is driven to create change in the lives of others. This is the type of person we want.
Who Do We Need?
We are currently looking for a coach that is excited to complete our 120-hour "MintFit Coaching Certification" and then transition into a role as a fitness coach in the morning or evening.
Once you transition into the role of "fitness coach," you will be responsible for small group training mostly, but will need to also be ready and willing to take on larger groups and 1-on-1 clients as they come in.
What You Need to Have
Excellent Communication Skills: Your ability to communicate clearly and effectively will be critical to your success as a fitness coach. You must have the ability to communicate in person, by phone, and through email.
Exercise and Anatomy Fundamentals: While we will be training you in our system of coaching, you need to have a thorough understanding of the human body, movement, exercises, and cueing.
Thoughtfulness and Organization: Your ability to think and organize will directly relate to your ability to get your clients results. A coach does not let their people fall through the cracks.
**Current certification as a personal trainer**: While there is a lot more to training than what a certification can teach you, we need to know that you have a base level of knowledge and are legally certified to be a personal trainer.
Paid Time Off (Starting at 13 days)
401k (4% match)
Paid Seminars and Certifications
Education and Training
How to Apply
If you think you will be a good fit for our company, then we want to hear from you! Please fill out the form below to apply.
Once you complete the form, you will receive a follow up email with further information. Please follow the instructions in the email to complete the application process.