Going for walks can be a great way to relax, connect with nature, and add movement to your life, but what happens when even walking hurts?
It seems counterintuitive that we would need to warm up before walking; as humans walking is what we were made to do! However, since many of us work desk jobs, our bodies are paying the price.
High-stress, low-movement jobs are the culprit behind back, shoulder, and neck pain, to name a few. This makes getting moving more difficult, even if the movements seem simple.
Why Warm Up Before Walking?
Without a proper warm-up, we leave our muscles cold and stiff. This can lead to pain, stiffness, and discomfort at best and injury at worst.
Warming up before any physical activity will not only decrease the risk of pain and injury, but it will help you make the most of that activity, allowing you to enjoy it more!
Warm-ups For Walking:
In today’s video, you are going to learn 5 quick warm-ups that are going to help you:
- Move easier
- Experience less pain
- Decrease risk of injury
- Feel better about yourself
So, if you want to learn how to take your walks to the next level, check out the video below!
Do these five exercises before your walks to help stretch your hamstrings, glutes, back, and more. This will help prepare your body for movement while making your walk more comfortable and enjoyable.
1) Toe touch: This will stretch your hamstrings, calves, glutes, and lower back.
2) Frankenstein stretch: Get a bigger and deeper hamstring stretch; just be sure not to kick too high or too hard!
3) Lateral squat stretch: A great inner thigh stretch to loosen up those leg muscles!
4) Standing spine rotation: Your torso, abdominals, and back will thank you!
5) Chest stretch: This stretch will help keep your posture upright and improve arm mobility.
Taking a few minutes to complete these stretches will help take your trudge around the block to a confident stride!
Interested in learning a complete workout program that not only tackles how to exercise without injury but also helps you to lose weight, tone up, and boosts energy?
Check out our 28-Day Kickstart Program where you will learn the exact exercises you need to get you to your goals.
In this program you will get:
- Info on how to prevent morning stiffness
- 2-3 personal training sessions weekly to teach you the exact exercises you need to get results
- A simple meal plan
- 1-on-1 success coaching to help guide you as you work to change your diet, exercise, and lifestyle habits
If you want to set yourself up for success, click here to learn more and take back control of your health and fitness today!
Mint Condition Fitness empowers people to take control of their fitness and fully enjoy the life they have built.