If you have not exercised in a while, starting up again can be a little daunting. Either you don’t know where to start, or you try to pick up where you left off and just end up hurting yourself.
When it comes to getting back into shape, there are a few key principles that will never steer you wrong:
1) Start slow: Exercise is about consistency. You can build intensity over time, but at first, just get started again.
2) Start with core: Core strength is fundamental to fitness. If you don’t have a strong core, you will have slow results and you can end up hurt.
3) Prioritize recovery: Eating well, stretching, sleeping, foam rolling. These are all important to help you start feeling better and to get the most out of your workouts.
With all that said, this week, we wanted to share some specific exercises that are generally good when you are starting up a fitness program again. These will help rebuild a strong foundation while still feeling like you got a workout.
So, if you want to learn what to do if you are trying to get back into shape, check out the video below!
Interested in learning a complete workout program that will help you get back in shape? Check out our 28-Day Kickstart Program where you will learn the exact exercises you need to get you to your goals.
In this program, you will get:
- Full fitness and goals assessment
- 2-3 online personal training sessions weekly to teach you the exact exercises you need to get results
- A simple meal plan
- 1-on-1 success coaching to help guide you as you work to change your diet, exercise, and lifestyle habits
If you want to set yourself up for success click here to learn more and take back control of your health and fitness today!
Mint Condition Fitness empowers people to take control of their fitness and fully enjoy the life they have built.